Wednesday 15 April 2015

Revision Tips and Resources

So I don't know about anybody else sitting exams this year but revision is literally taking over my life. If I'm not doing it, I'm worrying about the fact that I need to. So I thought I'd write a list of things that could help people who are in the same position as I am or who will be in the next couple of years.

  • Start early! I can not stress to you how important it is not to leave revision to the last minute. I mean I started a while ago and I'm already regretting not starting earlier than I did.
  • Have a structure and be organised. Make a revision timetable and stick to it.
  • Put away all distractions. Phones, tv, tablets... They're all temptations. Take yourself away from them and you're going to get way more work done.
  • Don't cram. Take regular breaks so that your brain doesn't fry.
  • If you're going to listen to music, make sure it doesn't distract you. Create a playlist of songs that will help you concentrate.
  • Have snacks! Get sweets or crisps or whatever you love and can easily eat while working. It will really keep you motivated.
  • Drink lots of water. Staying hydrated is always really important, especially when you're working hard.
  • Getting lots of sleep in the lead up and during the exam period is really important.
  • Don't go overboard. Make sure you take time out at the weekends and during the holidays to actually just chill. Relax, do something you really enjoy and hang out with your friends.
Another thing I would say is to make sure you have everything you need to do your revision properly.


This includes revision guides, notebooks, pens, highlighters, a calculator... There also so many online resources that can be really helpful with revision.
For anyone doing a maths GCSE or A-Level I would really recommend checking out a website called HegartyMaths. It's a site full of videos going through anything you could possibly need step by step. It is really really helpful and it even helped me understand some things that my maths teacher couldn't. 
Also, BBC Bitesize it really good for helping go over all the key points of a topic. 

Sooooo that's all the advice I have to offer today. I hope someone somewhere finds something I've said helpful...
I won't be posting tomorrow because funnily enough, I'll be revising. But I will hopefully get one up on Friday as I'm going on a day out with my friends. We wanted to enjoy ourselves before we go back to school and things get really busy sooooo yeah... I'll talk to you then :)

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is lovely! I love it! Do you fancy perhaps doing a blog collaboration? If so, dm on Instagram @hannahporterx.blog ! You're so pretty x💖

    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Actually means so much to me! Yours is awesome too :D xx

      Delete