Saturday 4 April 2015

My everyday makeup

Being a girl, I love my makeup. However, I'm only 16 and still at school so I do not have the money to splash out on high end makeup but I still adore many drugstore alternatives so I thought I'd share with you some of my everyday essentials. I buy most of my makeup from superdrug and most products I buy are under £10.

Firstly I suppose I should show you what I keep everything which is a really cute Zoella Beauty makeup bag which I got from superdrug for just £8.00. I love this bag because its easy to clean and the perfect size.


 (Sorry about the lay out of these photos I'm still not 100% sure how to work this thing)


So this is all the stuff inside my makeup bag! I will start with the face products.

I use two different concealers on my face. One for covering up general blemishes and redness and one for under my eyes. My general concealer is from the Seventeen brand (Boots) and is called Stay Time Concealer. I have it in the colour extra fair (yes, I'm that pale) and you can pick it up from Boots for £4.49. I love this stuff! For the price, I haven't found anything else as good. My under eye concealer is the L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique highlighter pen in the colour light. I get this from superdrug for £8.49. I'm still on my first one but I will definitely be getting another! It's amazing and really brightens up the eye area.

The foundation I am using at the moment is the Max Factor skin luminizer foundation in the colour light ivory (40). I got it from superdrug for £11.99. My foundations are normally cheaper than that but I love this stuff so much that I'm willing to spend a little extra. It has great coverage, lasts all day and gives a really nice glow to your skin.

For powder I use, along with most other people I know, the Rimmel London stay matte pressed powder in the colour transparent. Its only £3.99 from superdrug. I will always stick with this as its cheap and cheerful and does the job.













 I use two other products on my skin and they are a blusher and a highlighter.The blush I use is from Sleek and its in the colour rose gold. I got this from superdrug for £4.49 and I love love love it! It has the most beautiful shimmer in it! (Yes this is the dupe for Nars orgasm blush.) The highlighter I use is from Makeup Revolution and its called vivid baked highlighter in the colour peach lights. You can also get this from superdrug for £3.00. I adore this highlighter as it gives a really beautiful glow to your skin.

Now moving onto eyes. On a day to day basis I will only wear a mascara and maybe a little bit of liner on the waterline as we are not allowed anything too heavy at school.

At the moment I am using two different mascaras, one for top and bottom lashes. I am using Rimmel London's Wonder'Full mascara with argan oil and this one is actually waterproof. I used the original and I loved it and when I saw the waterproof one I thought I'd try it but for some reason I am not enjoying it as much. Maybe the formula is different, I don't know but I picked this up from Tesco for £7.99 (I think). On my bottom lashes I am using the Avon super extend winged out mascara. I don't really know why I ordered this because I never really like Avon mascaras but I did anyway because it was on offer (can't remember how much I paid now). The brush is tiny which is why I really like using it for my bottom lashes but I don't overly enjoy using it on my top lash line.
For everyday eyeliner on the water line I am using an MUA intense colour liner in the colour jet black. I always find that pencil liner never lasts long on my waterline anyway so I never want to spend a lot of money. This pencil is only £1.00 and it comes with a sharpener in the lid so I can't really complain.

Now on to lips. My everyday lipsick is a Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick in the colour 113 which I think is called beige. And I would say that this is an orange-nude colour. I really like these lipsticks but they can be quite drying if you aren't taking other precautions. You can pick up the Kate Moss lipsticks from superdrug for £5.49.

To make sure my lips stay my lips stay in good condition I use the Maybelline Baby Lips Balm Hydrate which I got from superdrug for £2.99. This stuff is super moisturizing and an essential for the winter time. Lastly, vaseline. I always have a tub of this on the go because its good for everything, especially when your lips are just sore. You can get it from anywhere for really cheap!

And last but definitely not least, brushes!

I apply my foundation wish my hands so my kit only involves three brushes. Firstly the Real Techniques powder brush. I don't really have much to say about this other than that its worth the £10.99 I paid for it! My other Real Techniques brush I have is the setting brush. Its £7.99 from superdrug and its supergood for blending out concealer under the eyes. My last brush is the kabuki brush from Avon. I absolutely love this! I use it to blend out my blush and highlighter and it does the job perfectly! The only downside is that it molts like crazy but I can get passed that. I can't remember how much I paid but it really wasn't much and is definitely worth it.

So that is my whole makeup kit! I'm not sure if this will be helpful :/ but I would recommend all of these products if you are just starting out with makeup as they aren't too expensive and they are easy to work with!
I hope this helps and thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment