Monday 6 April 2015

Dry Shampoo Alternative

If you're anything like me then you will know how annoying it is to suffer from greasy hair. It actually stresses me out on a daily basis. I've had greasy hair since I was about 11 and I've tried so many different things to get rid of it and none of them seem to work so I've had to look for ways to cover it up.
When I found Batiste dry shampoo I felt like I'd been sent a gift from God. It meant that I didn't have to wash my hair everyday which is obviously a good thing. It was quick and easy and made my hair look and smell fresh. However the standard size can is about £3.99 depending on where you buy it from. And I know this doesn't sound like much but I had to use a fair amount on my hair to get good results and this meant the can ran out within about two weeks. So I was replacing it every two weeks for quite a while and it added up to quite a lot of money.
Because of this I tried using cheaper alternatives for example the superdrug own brand. This stuff was appalling and a complete waste of money! It just my hair look wet and therefore even more greasy... No matter what I tried it just wasn't working.

But then a friend told me that I should try using Johnson's baby powder. At first I thought that was kinda weird and gross but when you think about it it does have a similar consistency. And so I tried it and I found that it works wonders! It works just as well, if not better than Batiste's dry shampoo. I brought 200g pot for only a little over a pound and its lasting absolutely ages! I've been using this tub for over a year now and its still got loads left inside. All I do is sprinkle it on my hands, tip my head over and rub it into my scalp and its done! So easy!

                                       
I would say the only negative sides are that it makes your hair a little static just after you put it in but this goes after it settles.You do have to work to make sure that you aren't left with white patches all over your head but that's the same with any dry shampoo. But other than that its quick, easy, cheap and it also makes my hair feel thicker than it actually is which I love!
Definitely try this out if you're a sufferer of greasy hair!

I hope this is helpful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment