Monday 4 May 2015

4 Products To Stay Away From!

I think I'm going to make this kind of post a regular thing now because nothing annoys me more than when you spend money on a product which turns out to be completely rubbish and useless.
So I'm going tell you about four products that I spent a total of £26.52 on and that I really regret buying.


These products are:
  • Simple's Clear Skin Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash
  • Simple's Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser 
  • Rimmel London's Wonder'Full Mascara Waterproof
  • GOSH Velvet Touch Primer & Setting Powder
I decided to buy the Simple's Clear Skin Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash and the Simple's Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser because at that point my skins oil was getting out of control and it was really stressing me out. As it says on the bottle, these products are supposed to balance everything out and control shine. These two products did not do this at all. Within a few days of using them my skin had gone from seriously oily to completely dry. The longer I used them the more my skin was flaking whenever I wore makeup and it was horrible! If you have really oily skin then these products may work for you. But if you have combination skin like I do, I would stay clear of these two products.

Another product I tried to control oil was the GOSH Velvet Touch Primer & Setting Powder. I'd heard amazing things about this powder so I decided to try it out. I had the exact same problem with this as I did with the Simple products. I only had to use this twice and my skin went dry. I was seriously disappointed, especially as it cost me near enough £10.

The last product I would recommend anyone to stay away from is the Rimmel London Wonder'Full Mascara Waterproof. I should be clear in saying that I absolutely adored the original version of this mascara which is in the bronze/goldy tube. When it ran out I went out to buy another one and came across the waterproof version. I decided to pick it up, mainly because I just loved the colour of the tube but I figured its always handy to have a waterproof mascara. But I discovered when I tried it that the formula must be completely different to the original because its nowhere near as good. Not only does it do basically nothing to my lashes but its also a nightmare to take off because of the waterproof formula. If you don't normally like waterproof mascaras, definitely stay away from this one too!

So they are all the products I have been disappointed with recently. I'm certain I'll come across more in the future so I'll be sharing those with you too. I will say that products work differently on different people so don't be completely put off of trying them because they could be great for you!
Thanks for reading!:) xx

2 comments:

  1. I used the simple exfoliater and I hated it like you said your skin goes from being really oily to being unconfortably dry. Great post and thank you for the heads up on the products xx
    http://millie-kate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so annoying! And thank you! It's no problem :) xx

      Delete